Dr. Kayla Eckart
Dr. Kayla Eckart is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor who believes that true health is more than the absence of disease, but is also achieving optimum function and well-being. Doctor (Docere) by definition, means teacher. Dr. Eckart recognizes this as one of her primary roles as your physician. She enjoys family practice and has special interest in women’s health, regenerative medicine, thyroid disease, female hormone imbalance, PCOS, fertility, Holistic Pelvic Care ™, gastrointestinal complaints and inflammatory disorders. As a licensed Naturopathic Physician, she is able to utilize both natural therapies, as well as conventional treatment options and medications. She incorporates acupuncture into her treatments when needed and also works closely with George Pan L.Ac.
On a Personal Note
My husband and I moved to Arizona to escape the rain of the otherwise beautiful Pacific Northwest. As a Wyoming native, I appreciate the wide-open spaces that Arizona offers. We travel often with our son, visiting family and friends. Wyoming and the Grand Teton Valley feels like home and we are always happy to return and play in the Arizona sun.
Experience the Difference
House of Delegates Position Paper, Amended 2011 (Click here to download PDF)
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care - an art, science, philosophy and practice of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of illness. Naturopathic medicine is distinguished by the principles upon which its practice is based. These principles are continually reexamined in the light of scientific advances. The techniques of naturopathic medicine include modern and traditional, scientific and empirical methods. The following principles are the foundation of naturopathic medical practice:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic Physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (ToIle Causam): The Naturopathic Physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopathic Physicians utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic Physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic Physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, Naturopathic Physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic Physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
Schedule A consult
Schedule a 10 minute consultation with Dr. Eckart